Before you even start, you should be planning how you are going to write your best blog posts.
However good you are at writing, you should have a plan first.
The Best Blog Posts Have Goals
Before you sit down and write the first word of your next blog post, stop and think about what you want to accomplish with your post.
What’s your goal? How is this blog post going to help you accomplish something to help you move forward with your business. Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Are you writing a post that you hope will get shared across social media and grow your reach?
- Are you writing a post that also invites readers to join your email list so you can get back in touch later?
- Are you writing a post to get the attention of a big brand you’d like to work with?
- Are you writing a blog post to start a conversation with your existing readership?
- Are you writing a blog post with the end goal of selling your readers a product?
- Are you writing a blog post to start a conversation with a fellow blogger in hopes of growing a mutually profitable relationship?
All of the above are valid goals for your blog posts and I’m sure you can add a few more to that list.
The important thing is that you are aware of what you’re trying to accomplish with your post. Then start with the end in mind.
Go From Goal to Content
If your goal is to get the attention of a big brand you’d like to work with for example, think about a post you can write about your experience with one of their products. If your goal is to grow your list, think of a topic that’s complimentary to your opt-in offer freebie.
Write the content and then transition into an invitation to join your list and download the free report. Do you see how much easier it is to craft goal driven blog posts when you know what your goal is before you sit down to write?
You can reverse engineer the entire process and make sure everything flows well and leads your reader to whatever action you want them to take at the end. Being able to do that is pretty powerful stuff. It allows you to craft different posts strategically.
So your plan of attack should be something like this:
- Write a post that helps you grow your reach.
- Then work on one that starts the conversation with your new readers.
- Next work on getting them on your list.
- Finally make them an offer.
- Intersperse this with posts that help you get the attention of potential JV partners and Brands and you’re all set to not only grow your blog and your audience, but make money blogging as well.